Jan 1, 2014

Christmas Recap

I am so behind in blog posts. I want to do a 2013 recap, but I have a few posts I need to get up first. Hopefully I can get back on track this week!

We had such a wonderful Christmas this year!

We started by celebrating on the 21st with Jon’s extended family. We had lunch at his grandparent’s house and got to visit with his aunt and uncle and cousins. Jon’s dad got sick so they weren’t able to come down. We missed seeing them and hopefully will get to catch up with them soon! Both kids did really well and we were even able to keep them awake on the way home so everyone still got to take a long afternoon nap.

On the 23rd, we got together with my extended family. I know there were a lot of group pictures taken, but I don’t have copies so hopefully I can get some soon…hint hint mom! We had a lot of fun and both kids did great again. Thankfully Adelaide was over her fussy phase and was pretty content to walk around exploring. Aedan had fun playing with my cousin’s kids. There are two boys and another girl, all really close to his age, so it is perfect. Next year it will be fun to watch Adelaide jump in the mix

We were on our own for Christmas Eve and Christmas morning. It was really nice to celebrate with just our little family. Santa came and Jon and I were so excited to celebrate with just the 4 of us.

20131224_232331

I totally thought Aedan would be up early, but of course he and Adelaide both slept in! I could see him walk into the living room from our bed, and it was so fun to see the look on his face when he saw the gifts out.

We had such a good morning opening gifts and just hanging out.

20131225_081126

20131225_083204

After naptime on Christmas day, my parents, sister, aunt and grandmother’s came over for our final celebration. There were so.many.gifts! I think everyone had a great time and Aedan and Adelaide were totally spoiled.

20131225_162610

20131225_162614

The only thing Aedan wanted for Christmas was “lots of firetrucks” and he got just that. He loved every single thing and we now have a playroom half full of firetrucks/firefighting gear.

My aunt took some great pictures while everyone was opening up their gifts. Here are a few of my favorites…

Everything fire truck related…

DSC06412

DSC06418

DSC06444

DSC06453

She got a bunch of fun stuff as well!

DSC06415

DSC06443

DSC06448

Oh and this gift my dad got cracked me up. He drives a jeep wrangler and apparently this is a jeep thing…

DSC06446

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a fun New Year’s Eve!

Happy 2014!

-Lauren-

1 comment:

Neena said...

Note to self: only buy HALF the toys you want to buy for your grandchildren!