Feb 5, 2014

If I’m Being Honest…

I would say the age that Aedan is at is my most favorite and least favorite stage yet.

Favorite, because he is just this little person. We have such funny conversations about everything from the moon and back. He has such a great imagination and it is so much fun to watch him play out all kinds of different scenarios/games.

When I took this picture, the trampoline was his spaceship and all the firehouse furniture were the controls.

20140131_161755

My least favorite because, well, he is almost 4 and can be pretty stubborn and moody.

Recently he has gotten pretty creative when I tell him not to do something. For example, one of the rules we have is that he can not close the playroom door. He likes to close it so he doesn’t have to worry about Adelaide coming in and destroying whatever he is playing with. Honestly, she  totally does run in an try to destroy his stuff, so I get it. He knows he is allowed to take his toys in his room and close that door if he wants to play alone.

Well, one day, He was playing in the playroom and kept trying to close the door. I reminded him not to close it, so then he stood there with the door cracked and kept saying Fireman Sam was trying to close the door. He would have a whole conversation with “Fireman Sam” about how I said he had to leave the door open. Then he told me I should put Fireman Sam in time out since he wasn’t listening.

Seriously.

Then one day when I told him it was time to come sit down and eat dinner, he told me he couldn’t. I looked over and saw this…

20140128_175711

He told me the robot had him tied up and he was stuck.

Sometimes at dinner, he gets in trouble for not sitting nicely on the bench. He will totally act like someone is pulling him off the bench. He talk to whatever imaginary person/thing is pulling him and really give it a hard time about getting him in trouble.

These are the more funny scenarios, don’t even get me started on the “eat your dinner”, “it’s time for bed”, or “it’s time to put your pants and shoes on so we can go” battles we have.

There were a couple of nights this past week that he went to bed hungry due to the “eat your dinner” battle, and he woke us up 4+ time in the middle of the night saying his tummy hurt. He would come into our room and wake us up and then flop down on the floor and say his tummy hurt so much he couldn’t walk.

After two nights of this, and him not really being interested in eating much during the day, I even took him to the doctor…

20140203_093307

Yup, that would be him having a ton of fun in the fire truck room at the doctor’s office. Anything wrong with him? Nope, probably not. But the doctor did say we are ahead of the game if we just make him try everything on his plate and offer him a healthy snack before bed. That’s what we have been doing for awhile, so I guess that’s good.

Maybe someday he will win an Oscar. Until then, I may need a glass of wine after bedtime for the next few months!

-Lauren-

No comments: