I took Adelaide for her 15 month check up last week. So crazy that she is almost 1.5!
Adelaide, here is what you have been up to lately…
- At your check up, you weighed 19.5lbs and were 29 inches tall. You are in the 10th percentile for both. Such a tiny one! Your brother was a good 5lbs bigger at the same age.
- You sleep from 7:30pm to 7:30am every night and then you take an hour nap in the morning and a 2.5ish hour nap in the afternoon.
- You love your sheet protector just like Aedan. You carry it around with you everywhere and you hold it up to your mouth just like Aedan did/does when you both get tired.
- You love breakfast food and can easily finish a bowl of oatmeal, toast and fruit and then still want to finish any of what Aedan leaves from his breakfast. Lunch and dinner can be hit or miss. You do love those fruit and veggie pouches so I can at least count on you getting some good food in then. Even if you and Aedan have the exact same meal on the exact same type of plate, you are convinced that Aedan’s meal is better. Same goes for his drinks.
- You love to walk/run everywhere. You learned how to walk backwards a few weeks ago and you think that is pretty cool. You will kick a soccer ball all around the backyard even though it is about 1/2 the size of you.
- You also love to climb everything. Your favorites are the bench in the kitchen, the picnic table outside, slides, any little chairs, and piles of pillows or anyone laying or sitting on the ground.
- Your favorite toy is pretty much anything that Aedan is playing with as well as your little people plane and house. You also love shape sorters and books and cell phones.
- You “talk” a lot, but not quite as much as Aedan did at this age. It is funny, because we notice you talking so much more when Aedan is at school. Apparently he talks enough for both of you when he is around. We are starting to understand a few things you say…”mama”, “dada”, “o” (for Hiro), “oh oh” (for uh oh), “shoes”.
- You understand a lot and can follow simple instructions (when you want to).
- You are pretty much obsessed with snacking. You know I carry snacks in my bag and if it is anywhere close to you, you try to find them. You will also bring me my bag at home when you are hungry or random things from the pantry.
Adelaide, you are such a sweet and happy baby. We love seeing your little personality come out more and more each day. You are such a wonderful part of our family and we love you so much! – mommy.