Mar 30, 2010

Catching Up and 2 Week Appointment

First off, I really need to transfer some pictures from my camera to my computer! I think that will be one of my goals for tomorrow. :)

Today Aedan had his 2 week check up. At our last appointment his weight had gone down to 7lbs and 1oz (he weighed 7lbs, 14oz at birth). By this appointment, the doctor wanted him to be back up to at least his birth weight…well he definitely accomplished that! My little guy weighed in at 8lbs, 10oz! I can’t believe he is getting so big, so fast! There are already a few newborn t-shirts that are too small for him.

Overall things are going pretty well. Monday was Jon’s first day back to work after taking 2 weeks off. It’s been a little hard for him to get back into the swing of things since we are still getting up twice a night with Aedan. Tonight I am going to try nursing Aedan in his room instead of ours so Jon can get some more sleep (he is a loud eater!).

This week I also started putting Aedan in his crib for naps during the day. The last 2 weeks we just kind of let him fall asleep wherever during the day. We had family in town and he would end up sleeping in someone’s arms, in his swing or in his bouncer. So far he has been doing really well napping in his crib. He cries for maybe 1 or 2 minutes and then is out. I like having him in his room because it makes me feel like I can get more things done around the house without worrying about waking him up. Jon set up a web-cam that I can pull up on my laptop or on our TV and I can see and hear what Aedan is doing in his crib.

Speaking of laptops…last week I got a new toy!

Inspiron 11z NotebookMy old laptop had a broken fan which made it super loud when running, and the battery was pretty much shot so it had to be plugged in all the time. This new laptop (yes, I got it in cherry red!) is perfect! It a little bit smaller than my old one and much lighter. I am loving it!!

Pictures later this week for sure!

-Lauren-

1 comment:

Chelsa said...

can't wait to see the new pictures!

aaden is growing fast too! c is up to 10 and a half lbs now (he was down to 5lbs 3oz) when we left the hosp. he is getting to be a chunk!