Oct 25, 2010

Lightroom + Tech Savvy Husband = New Look & Bigger Pictures

I recently got Lightroom and I am slowly learning how to use it to edit my pictures. I have used Picasa for a few years now and I like it but you can do so much more editing in Lightroom. Now that my pictures are looking better, I wanted them to stand out more on the blog. I wanted to make the message portion of the page larger. I thought about paying someone to do a custom layout but I just couldn’t stand paying for that right now. So I decided to ask my tech savvy husband. And what do you know, he was able to do what I wanted with just a few minutes of research and editing some HTML codes. Sweet! I love that I have more room for pictures now. 

IMG_3159 

I use Windows Live writer to write and edit all my post. I switched to this a while back. It is so much easier to put in photos and edit posts using this program. Seriously it changed my life. With Live writer you have lots of options when it comes to resizing pictures, adding watermarks and such. While Jon was playing around with the HTML code on my blog, I was playing around in Live writer and realized I could save a setting for inserting pictures. Now instead of resizing each image and adding the type of corners I want or adding a watermark, I just click insert picture and it does the rest. Yes, it took me this long to realize that I could do that, but better late than never, right?

Now that I am super happy with all my settings, I though I would share some recent pictures of my little guy. He was sitting on the counter helping me make baby food (and munching on an apple slice).

IMG_3263

IMG_3264

Love those blue eyes!

-Lauren-

1 comment:

Lari said...

Great looking pics! And those mesh teethers are great! The teethers saved our life while at restaurants.