Mar 1, 2013

4 Months!

Adelaide is 4 months old! Sometimes I feel like she just got here and other times I feel like she has been here for much longer. It was just about exactly a year ago this week that I took a pregnancy test. Before we had Aedan, there were many many months of negative tests and lots of frustrations. With Adelaide, we just started talking about trying in January, and then found out about her in February. Not what I was expecting! Jon was out of town when I found out, so I had to wait about 3 days before I told him since I didn’t want to do it over the phone. I thought about doing something cute and fun, but I ended up just blurting it out as we drove to dinner the night he got home. So here we are…pregnancy over (thank goodness!) and newborn stage over (thank goodness again) and now she is almost half way through her first year!

_MG_7160

Adelaide, here is what you have been up to these days…

  • You are 13 lbs. and 22.75 in. tall. You are so much smaller than Aedan was at this age. He was just about 17 lbs.! You are just not a big eater. Even when we were nursing you were not a big eater and now that we are on formula, you will not take more than 4 oz. at a time.
  • You wear size 3 month or 3-6 month clothes and size two diapers.
  • You have been waking up once a night for the past few weeks, but right before our 4 month appointment I made some changes and you slept from 7:30 pm-7:30 am just like that (I’ll have a whole post about it). Of course then we saw the doctor and I told him how much you were eating or not eating and he said we have to wake you up at night to get you to eat more…sigh. So we have been feeding you around 10:30 before we go to bed and you have been sleeping until I get you up at 7:30. Well except for last night…
  • Because, you are getting TWO teeth. At 4 months! Crazy! I thought I saw them coming in, but I thought it was way too early. The doctor checked and said they are both about to break through. You were not too happy last night, so I am hoping they pop through soon.
  • You take awesome naps. You sleep for 2-2.5 hours in the morning, and 2-2.5 hours in the early afternoon and then about an hour catnap in the early evening. You go down great and put yourself to sleep within minutes.
  • You have 5, 4 oz. bottles a day and then one more before we go to bed.
  • You are super smiley. We just look at you and you start smiling. :)
  • You do a lot of hanging out in your bouncy seat or on your play mat. You have started to grab at the toys and will try to pull them to your mouth.
  • You are getting better about riding in the car, but you are still not a huge fan.
  • You have started to notice Hiro, which is funny because this is about the age that Aedan started to notice Hiro too. You give him a big smile when he walks by or gets in your face.
  • You are still much more laid back than Aedan was. Earlier this week, we had a playgroup at our house and there were a bunch of people over when you woke up from you nap (well when I woke you up, since you kept sleeping even though our house was super loud!). Your eyes got huge when I brought you out, but you just kind of checked everyone out. Aedan would have lost it!
  • You are not such a huge fan of being held by anyone but mommy or daddy right now. Although you did great with your aunt Emmie and Jordan.
  • You love to watch Aedan play. You give him a big smile whenever he starts talking to you. He loves the attention too. Just about everyday he will say “Mommy, tell Adawade to wook at me…”. He loves when I tell you all about what he is doing and you love to sit back and watch.

_MG_7150

_MG_7163

Adelaide, you are such a joy to our family. We all love you so much! Love, Mommy

-Lauren-

No comments: