Jun 15, 2008

weekend up-date

I can't believe the weekend is over already! Okay, I guess I can, I just don't want it to be over so soon. :(

I had a really nice relaxing weekend. Friday night consisted of going to Polvos for margaritas with some great friends. It was really nice to catch up on whats going on with everyone. After happy hour I went to see the Sex in the City movie with some girls from my small group. We had a great time. I was just happy to finally see a chic flick instead of the boy movies my hubby insists on downloading for us to watch. All in all I thought to movie was cute and in typical chic flick style everything ended on a happy note.

Saturday Jon and I went over to his grandparents for lunch. We got to see his cousins cute little kids (Ethan is 3 and Avenly is 1). After that we made a quick stop by Woods Fun Center so Jon could try on helmets and jackets for his new motorcycle. Sigh...at least I will never run out of gift ideas for him. He is an endless source of hobbies. From there we set off to visit with my grandparents. I haven't seen them in quite a while so it was good to catch up. My grandfather has not been doing so well lately, but he got a good dr's report earlier in the week so he was in high spirits.

Sunday has been pretty uneventful. Jon went to play golf with his brother-in-law and friends. I got into a cleaning mood and clean the house top to bottom. I even lit candles when I was done to make everything smell pretty. :) I love candles! Once the house was clean and quiet, I was able to concentrate on my homework and I was very productive. I also got my grade back from the online exam I took on Friday - 96! Yay!

All in all it has been a good weekend. Now I am just not looking forward to a busy week. Two more busy weeks then I get a whole week to do nothing but sit by the pool and read!

Things I am looking forward to this week:
  • interviewing a potential house cleaner - Jon has agreed to let me pay someone to do a deep cleaning once a month - I am super excited, since I am a bit of a clean freak and I rarely have time to get my house as clean as I would like it.
  • getting done with one more week of summer 1 classes - then just one week to go.
hmm...sad that I am only looking forward to 2 things. Oh well.

No comments: