Nov 1, 2010

Halloween Weekend

I decided not to get Aedan a costume this year. Instead I could him a couple of cute Halloween outfits instead. We had a busy weekend and ended up just hanging around the house last night so Aedan didn’t really need a costume anyway.

On Friday night we headed out to our favorite park for a family picnic again. This time Jon’s parents joined us. It finally felt like fall and actually got cold when the sun went down. I finally got to dress Aedan in this cute outfit that came with fleece pants. I didn’t get a good picture of the whole outfit but these pictures are pretty cute.

IMG_3513

Aedan loves apple slices. He spend most of the picnic with one in his hand/mouth.

 IMG_3519 .

I think this is such a cute pictures of Jon’s mom and Aedan. Too bad it was getting dark and I had to use my flash. For some reason I can edit out the red eye in Lightroom but when I put it on here his eyes are red. Ugh.

On Saturday we went over to Jon’s grandparents house for a quick visit. Then we headed up to see my grandfather. The hospice center where he is staying is beautiful. There are huge trees all around with lots of areas to walk around. Aedan was wearing his second Halloween outfit. Unfortunately I only too pictures with my mom’s camera so I will have to get them from her and put them up then. Aedan did really well despite it being his afternoon nap time. We came home and all took a long late afternoon nap.

On Sunday we spent most of the day around the house other than a quick trip to Costco. Around 7 we headed out to our front porch to pass out candy. For the first half hour we got very few trick-or-treaters. Jon and I always end up giving too many pieces out to the first few groups and then around 8 the crowds increase and we start to get low on candy. Seriously this has happened 3 years in a row. You would think we would learn. Oh well. We ended up with just enough candy.

We loved looking at all the little trick-or-treaters. I can’t wait until next year when Aedan will be old enough to go around the neighborhood. We will be dressing him up for sure!

-Lauren-

No comments: