Jun 3, 2013

Summer!

Today starts the first week of summer for us!

Thursday was Aedan’s last day of school. I took his picture on the front porch to compare with his first day…

IMG_0773

20130530_082924

I was looking forward to a fun weekend, but Saturday Aedan had some sort of stomach bug. He could basically only keep water down. It was no fun! I think I have washed just about every blanket and towel in the house now. Luckily it seemed to be a 12 hour thing because by 11 pm Saturday night he was back to himself and HUNGRY! Sunday, we took it easy just in case, but he is totally back to normal now, and it doesn’t look like Adelaide is going to get it.

This morning Aedan and I did a big grocery trip while Adelaide took her morning nap (I have mentioned that it is so nice that Jon works from home so I can do things like this!), then when she woke up, we headed to the library to get some new books for the week. I was really good about taking Aedan to the library all the time before school started, but then we just got too busy. I am hoping this summer we can make it out there at least every other week. This is Aedan’s current favorite book. Today we rechecked it for the 3rd time…I may need to buy this one. :)

Before nap time, Aedan and I made a double batch of chocolate chip cookies. I am taking a meal over to a mom in my mom’s group, and since I was going to make some for her, I figured I make a double batch since my family is coming in town this weekend. Whenever, I make a double batch, I bake a dozen for us to have and then I roll the rest into balls and freeze them. Then we can have fresh cookies whenever we want.

20130603_131806

-Lauren-

No comments: