Jun 29, 2010

Day 3 at the Babysitter’s House

I am so thankful that we found a babysitter for Aedan that is willing to be flexible with my work schedule. I think I have mentioned before that she has been watching my nephew for the last 4 years so I felt pretty comfortable sending Aedan to her house. Turns out she is also in charge of the special needs program at the same church where one of my client’s family goes. She has been my little girl’s (I call her my little girl because I did therapy with her 3-5 days a week from the time she was 4 until I went on maternity leave when she was 8) helper at church for 4 years.

Aedan has been to her house 3 times this month. The first time probably went something like this…I drop Aedan off, he cries because he is in his carseat, then he cries because he is tired (he was not taking good naps at the time, more on that later), then he cries some more because he is hungry. She tries to give him a bottle which he refuses and cries more…cycle repeats until I come and pick him up 3 hours later. Okay I don’t think he cried the whole time, I think he slept a little. The second time probably went about the same way with a little more sleeping and still refusing the bottle. She is so nice and just tells me its fine and that he will get more used to being there. I seriously don’t know how she does it. She is super affordable. Like really affordable. I feel like I need to pay her extra for dealing with Aedan. He is super happy when he is fed and had a good nap, but if not he is not a happy person and neither is anyone around him.

Today was day three at her house. This time I feed him at her house (the bottle is still an uphill battle) and as I was leaving he was sitting in her lap smiling and laughing. Sigh of relief. Of course when I came back to pick him up I could hear him crying inside as I knocked on the door. Sigh. She did say he did better today. He played for awhile, and then went down for a 1.5 hour nap easily (yup it looks like we are over the 45 minute nap intruder over here, happy dance!) and woke up happy. He had just gotten mad when she changed his diaper. Okay, I guess that’s better. I just feel so bad, she is taking care of a few other little ones and they always seem happy when I pick-up/drop-off and Aedan is usually crying. He is the youngest one there and he definitely takes a while to warm up to new places and new people (see earlier post on touchy babies). I just hope it continues to get better and we don’t get kicked out of daycare at 3 months old.

-Lauren-

No comments: