Jun 14, 2010

Our Weekend

On Friday Jon had a quick job in San Antonio (it took him longer to get there and back than it did for him to do the job). He headed home around dinner time so he stopped and picked up Chili's To Go, yum! After Aedan went to bed we enjoyed dinner and a few 24 episodes. We are on season 6 in our marathon watching.

Saturday morning we got up early, well actually Aedan’s normal time of 6:00am, and started watching a soccer game. shoes_ia72457Later that morning I went out and did some shopping. I picked up these cute shoes 30% off. They are super comfortable and I think they will look great with jeans and capris. I also got some pants and a shirt for work. After shopping I headed over to meet Jon and Aedan at our friend’s house. I hung out long enough to feed Aedan and eat some delicious fajitas. Then Aedan and I headed home so the boys could watch the USA vs England game. Saturday night Jon and I just relaxed at home and watched even more 24. :)





On Sunday Jon got up early and headed to an 8am soccer game. Aedan and I had a lazy morning. He woke up at 6 and was ready for a nap by 6:45. He slept until almost 9. Unfortunately since he took such a good nap early in the morning he did not want to go down for his second nap. It wouldn’t have been a big deal except I had to go to a brunch with some of the girls I work with and I knew he would not make it from 9am until we got home from brunch around 1:30 without a nap. Brunch was pretty rough. The restaurant was loud and I think he was overtired and over stimulated. He was pretty unhappy the whole time. By the time I got home I decided we are not going to indoor restaurants with him for awhile! The rest of his day was just off. He had a hard time going down for his afternoon nap and he was just plain fussy all afternoon. Luckily Jon was able to get him down for a short nap early in the evening. His bedtime routine went smoothly as normal and he was out by 8pm.

Today is Aedan’s first day at the sitter’s house. He is only going to be there for about 3 hours and I am still nervous. I am so thankful that I have such a flexible job that will let me spend a lot of time with him at home and work at the same time, but there is a part of me that just wants to be just a stay-at-home-mom. Maybe someday.


Next post: Aedan’s 3 month update, how can he be that old already! 


Bonnie said...

Nonnie requests another video of Aedan! I miss him so much!

Chelsa said...

i agree- once their day is messed up it is not good! doesn't make for a fun time!

cute shoes you got!!

Chelsa said...

ohh and i hope the babysitter goes well today!

The Haynes Family said...

We loved the Austin Children's Museum! I actually thought for a second about buying a membership - haha! One of our Gymboree friends went this weekend too :) Steven says that he can't wait to see Aeden and Jackson playing together at the museum one day :)