May 8, 2013

Almost Summer Time!

I can’t believe it is almost summer time. Aedan only has a few more weeks of school…ah! I remember last summer, when I thought about him going to school twice a week it made me a little sad. I felt like he was going to be gone so much. Now I am wondering what in the world we are going to do without school twice a week. Haha!

Luckily we have a great moms group out here and I think we will have weekly playgroup plus some other fun activities going on each week. I also signed him up for swimming lessons with a couple of kids from his preschool class. Should be fun to watch!

We just joined the YMCA out here too. I have been working on losing the rest of the baby weight I am caring around. I’ve got 7 lbs. left from Adelaide and 5 lbs. left from Aedan, then if I am really honest I’d like to lose another 5 lbs. after that. In chunks it doesn’t seem like much, but all together it is. Anyway, I have been using the MyFitnessPal app to count calories and I am doing the 30 Day Shred…I start level 2 today! I told Jon for Mother’s day all I wanted was to lose 5 lbs., so he signed us up for a family membership at the Y. So excited! I went yesterday for Zumba and I am sure I looked like a fool, but it was fun! Aedan had fun in the Child Watch area too (I left Adelaide at home to nap while Jon worked).

Jon and I are planning to take the first week in July off as a “staycation”, because the thought of taking trip with both kids in tow sounds like way too much work for us. It will be nice to just have a week off from work and enjoy some family time!

Anyone else have fun summer plans? How are you keeping your kids busy this summer?

Oh and check out the squirrel, he loves our bird seed…I catch him hanging upside down trying to get it out of the bird feeding at least a couple of times a day.

20130425_095721

-Lauren-

No comments: