Adelaide turned 6 months yesterday! Crazy!!
Adelaide, here is what you have been up to lately…
- You weigh about 15 lbs. and are 25 inches long, which puts you in the 25th percentile for both.
- You have two bottom teeth and the doctor said your upper gums are swollen so those may be coming through soon. Sheesh!
- You wear size 3 diapers and size 6m clothes.
- You finally started taking bigger bottles this month. You take 5-6 ounces 4 time a day and a 4 ounce bottle after your catnap in the evening.
- You wake up around 7:30 and take a nap from 9-11/11:30, another nap from 1-3 and a catnap from 4:30-5:30, then you go down for the night at 7:30.
- You finally sleep through the night! You usually flip over on your back and get stuck between 4-5 am so we were going in and flipping you back over so you would go back to sleep. This week we decided to let you figure out how to get back to sleep on your back or figure out how to turn over. You cried for about 5 minutes the first night and since then, you have just been sleeping on your back until the morning.
- You have tried oatmeal, apples and sweet potatoes. So far you are not interested in any of them. Not interested as in, will not even open your mouth.
- You love to be held, especially by daddy and to play on your play-mat. You like to jump in the jumper and swing outside too.
- You love to smile at us, especially Aedan.
- I think I successfully got you attached to a lovey. This time it is actually a lovey and not a sheet protector like your brother. It is funny, because you do the exact same thing Aedan does. You bring it close to your mouth and make a sucking sound. I noticed you doing the same thing to your sheet protector around 3 months or so, so I just started sticking this lovey in your face all the time. :) And it worked! You love it!
- You are pretty easy going. You only get fussy when you are tired or hungry or if both daddy and I are gone.
- You do pretty well running errands, although I am excited for you to get a little older so you can ride in the cart.
- You are thisclose to sitting up on your own. You do pretty well with a pillow behind you, but you tend to flop over to the side pretty quickly.
- You have grown up so much this month. I love seeing your personality come out more and more!
Happy half birthday baby girl! We love you so much!