Nov 30, 2008

A blog day

I spend a better part of the day playing with a new photo tool that Jon downloaded for me. Its called Gimp and you can find it here, its open source so it is completely free. It is comparable to Photoshop which can be as much as $700 so its a pretty good deal. I read some tutorials on making your own headers and signatures for your blog and I played around a lot.

First I used some blog header templates where all the elements were in place and you just added photos and text. I think this was actually harder than just doing it all yourself. I had a hard time getting my pictures to fit over the gray boxes they provide on the template. So I decided to search for some free digital scrapbooking kits. I found some here. She has lots of options and I was easily able to download a kit. After a cropping and resizing things I came up with my new header. Thanks to my computer savvy husband it is now on my blog. :) I have to say I really like it and I had a lot of fun working on it. I can't wait to get my new camera and start editing pictures on Gimp. Now that I know more about this digital scrapbooking I can foresee this becoming a great hobby!!

No comments: