Nov 25, 2008

Birthday wishes

My birthday is coming up...ahh, 25! I have been wanting to get a new camera for awhile now (my current camera had a run in with some sticky punch at a wedding last year and has not been the same since). Jon and I having been looking at cameras every time we go to Costco or Best Buy. At first I just wanted something small and similar to what I have now. But over the past few months I have been thinking more about photography and I really want to get better at taking pictures. I want a camera that will allow me to make adjustments and have more control over the settings than a typical digital camera.

Since this is going to be a big purchase Jon has been letting me know what he is looking at (usually he like to keep me in suspense about my birthday present). Here a a couple of the ones we were looking at today. On the less expensive side there is this Cannon and then on the more expensive side there is this Cannon. This first one is like a cross between a typical point and shot digital camera and a high tech digital camera. It would give me more control and be a good step toward advanced photography. The second choice is more advanced and would give me even more control. It would probably take me longer to figure things out, but in the long run if I do end up loving photography this camera would allow me to purchase upgrades in the future.

Jon has been talking to his friend Aaron (the guy that just took our pictures on Sunday). He is giving some good advice and is willing to share his knowledge once I get the camera.

If anyone has any camera advice I would love to hear it!

1 comment:

Jen McCrady said...

hey girl! it's so good to see you again! thanks for commenting and de-stalkerizing! :) looks like everything is going great for you... i'm excited to keep up with your blog!