Nov 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone has a blessed and happy Thanksgiving today!

Jon and I are heading over our good friend Jason's house this afternoon. He is the one we can thank for introducing us to each other almost 4 years ago. We are looking forward to lots of good food and fun with his family and some more of our friends. This will be the first Thanksgiving we will not be with our extended families. Since I moved to Austin I have not been driving back to Plano for Thanksgiving because the traffic on I35 is horrible. My family typically comes down here a week or so before Christmas so I get to see them then. Jon's family typically comes down here for Thanksgiving and we go to his grandparents' for lunch, but this year they decided to avoid the traffic and stay home as well. Our plan is to go to breakfast with his grandparents tomorrow since we just hung out with my grandparents a few weeks ago. We were just going to spend the day just the two of us, but then Jason invited us over to his place. We are so blessed to have wonderful friends and I am really looking forward to having a great time!

I also can't wait to start decorating for Christmas tomorrow!! I am going to try to convince Jon to get all the stuff out of the attic tonight so I can go through what I have. I am thinking I may head to Hobby Lobby tomorrow and pick up a few new things, but other than that I think I am going to stay in on Black Friday. We went out early last year and got some good deals, but I am more looking forward to just having the day off this year. I will post some pictures tomorrow night after the decorating is complete.

No comments: