Jul 1, 2013

8 Months

What! How can Adelaide already be 8 months old!!

IMG_7409 - Copy - Copy

Adelaide, here is what you are up to these days…

  • I think you probably weigh 18ish lbs. You have definitely gotten more chunky this month. You pretty much wear size 6m clothes and size 3 diapers.
  • You wake up between 7/7:30 (more like 7, but I leave you in bed until 7:30) and you go to bed at 7:30 every night. For the past week, you have just taken two naps, so I think you have dropped your catnap. You sleep for about 2 hours in the morning and you have been taking 3 hour naps in the afternoon!
  • You hate playing on your tummy most of the time so you are really trying to crawl yet. You love to sit and pull toys out of baskets. You sometimes get a little too excited and kick your feet and through yourself backwards. I think it is kind of funny…you, not so much. :)
  • You are pretty easy to take anywhere. As long as either mommy or daddy holds you, you are fine.
  • You have warmed up to the pool, which is great since we are there just about everyday. You love to splash around and watch the other kids swim.
  • You still don’t like baby food. I try every now and then, but you just spit it out and then refuse to open your mouth. You love to eat anything I am eating. One night, I had you in my lap with a tortilla and I turned around to grab something and when I looked back at you, you were munching on a piece of chicken from my plate!
  • You love strawberries and pineapple the most. You will try anything we put on your tray although, most of it just goes into your lap.
  • You still think Aedan is pretty much the best thing in the world. You love to watch him do everything and you are always smiling at him.
  • You have sheet protector in your bed and you do exactly what Aedan does with his num num. You also do it with a lovey that I have been giving you since you were itty bitty. I thought you liked the lovey more than the sheet protector, but I’m not sure anymore. We may have two kids carrying around sheet protectors as blankets soon!
  • You still only have your two bottom teeth, but I think your top teeth are working on coming through.
  • You have zero interest in practicing standing up. You prefer to just sit and play.
  • You are such a happy smiley baby!

Adelaide, we love you so much. You are such the perfect addition to our little family! Love, Mommy

-Lauren-

No comments: