Jan 18, 2009

A good punch recipe

I am throwing a baby shower next weekend along with a few girls from my small group. I am in charge of cleaning my house (since we are having it here), getting crackers, dip and making my punch. Its actually my mom's punch recipe that she has passed down to me. She made it for my high school graduation party for the first time and it was a huge hit (Steven this is that punch you loved so much). She has made it for every bridal and baby shower since and now this is the second shower I will be making it for. Its nice because you can make it ahead of time. Here is the recipe:


  • 4 cups of sugar and 4 cups of water: bring to a boil and stir until sugar is dissolved. Set aside and let cool.
  • Blend 5 large bananas in a blender until smooth.
  • Mix 1 6 oz can of frozen lemonade and 1 6 oz. can of frozen orange juice as directed on cans (I buy the 12oz cans, follow the directions on the cans and then use half of each).
  • In very large container, mix sugar water, bananas, lemonade and orange juice together with 48 oz of pineapple juice.
  • Pour into gallon freezer bags and freeze for at least two days (I have put it in smaller bags and made it overnight before).
  • One hour before serving, take out of freezer and let sit. Before serving, put into punch bowl and pour room temperature ginger ale over it until slushy. Use half the mixture and half the ginger ale at a time. Enjoy!
Okay, Jon and I are off to give our stinky dog a bath and then take him for a walk to dry off. :)

4 comments:

The Haynes Family said...

Uh-oh! I have a feeling that if Steven reads this I may need this recipe! I threw a baby shower for my friend Kelly when we were in Japan. I used berry sherbet and Sprite for the punch and then added rubber duckies. It looked really cute.

Unknown said...

That sounds cute! Her shower is jungle theme maybe I should find something cute like that to put in it.

You will have to see if he remembers it...my mom didn't have a name for the recipe so for a long time it was "that punch that steven likes". :)

Just Thinking Out Loud said...

it was surely amazing!

The Haynes Family said...

We used camo-duckies, that's jungle-y! Actually, they had jungle animal bath toys... but that was on base. Your best bet would probably be Babies R Us.

good luck :)