Jan 11, 2009

Weekend Update

As another great weekend comes to an end I thought I would fill you in on what we have been up too (not that we are that interesting).

Friday I got off work at noon (yay) and when I got home Jon was cleaning our bathroom. I had complained the night before about how messy/dirty our house was. I was excited Jon had gotten a jump start on our cleaning and I quickly joined in. A word of advice...if you husband ( who is usually very anti-cleaning) starts cleaning on his own don't ask questions just enjoy it! We managed to clean both bathrooms, dust the living room, office and bedrooms, clean the kitchen, sweep, mop and vacuum in a couple of hours. Our house looks great! We took a break to have a late lunch and then headed to Costco where I got to purchase one of the items on my house list. I now own a Shark steam mop. I was so excited that I had to try it out as soon as we got home (even though I had already used our old mop before we left). It is super easy to use and works great. I was amazed at how much dirt it still managed picked up despite my earlier mopping. The best part was I just took off the cloth bottom and threw it in the washing machine when I was done. Friday evening we took Hiro out to Town Lake so he could play and we could work out.

Saturday we enjoyed a lazy morning of sleeping in and making a big breakfast together. Then Jon went to work setting up a new system for watching Hulu (we I decided it would be best if we moved the xbox back into our extra bedroom which we made into a game room just for the xbox). While Jon worked on that I went to target to get some things for a baby shower I am throwing in a couple of weeks. Saturday night we headed up to Round Rock to Jon's cousin's house to celebrate his Grandfather's 75th birthday. Since we were so far north we decided to stop by Ikea on our way home. I bought a great pillow and cover for our bed.

This morning we got up semi early and went to Town Lake. I meet up with my friend Jesse from school and we walked a big loop (5 miles) around town lake while Jon did his work out. Jesse and I had a great time catching up on whats been going on. We were carpool buddies all semester because we took all the same classes. We spent about 2 hours in the car each week plus all the time in class. Needless to say we had a lot of catching up to do since we hadn't seen each other since school let out on Dec 8th. After our walk Jon and I headed home for lunch. He is still working on the new system and I am relaxing on the couch watching a movie. The perfect way to end a relaxing weekend. :)

No comments: