Sep 1, 2010

Photography (new toy)

We haven’t been up to much this week. I have just been hanging around the house and studying during nap times. Aedan has been eating, playing (sitting up like a big boy, since laying on your back to play is so last month), sleeping and teething like crazy!

I ordered a this accessory for my camera last week and it came in on Monday. Jon got me a Cannon Rebel a few years ago for my birthday. I read a few books, but I learned the most when I took a photography course earlier this year. I have gotten okay at taking pictures in manual mode outside or in good light.

IMG_0886

However taking pictures inside is was more of a challenge. Especially since I usually want to take pictures of Aedan and the only time he stops moving is when he is sleeping. I hated to use my flash, but when I didn’t I would get pictures like this…

IMG_2764 To make the picture bright enough I would have to set a long shutter speed, which would then make everything that was moving (aka Aedan’s whole body) blurry.

Well now thanks to my new toy, I can use my flash inside (without getting the annoying washed out look) and use a fast shutter speed to get clear pictures.

IMG_3016

I love it! I am clearly just a beginner at best when it comes to photography and I still need to play around with my settings when I use the light scoop, but I think I just fell in love with taking pictures all over again.

IMG_3021

-Lauren-

3 comments:

Nicki said...

GREAT pictures, Lauren!!! Can't wait to see more! :)

Rachel said...

I'm still trying to figure out how to use my Canon Rebel too, there's so much to learn!

Julio said...

Nice pictures! Larissa was telling me about your new light scoop. It's amazing how great pictures come out with better lighting. If you already like photography, having a child makes you like it even more.