Feb 14, 2009

happy valentine's day!

I had a relaxing day, which is exactly the way I wanted it to be. This morning I met up with Jesse and we did the loop around Town Lake. It was a little cold but I think that just made us walk faster...after 7 miles we weren't feeling so cold anymore. When I got home I started going through the data I took this week on my new client. I am in charge of writing his initial report and I wanted to get started. I worked on it for awhile and then decided I should relax. Sooo...I went shopping :) I didn't find anything at the mall clothes wise, but I did pick up a few of my valentine's favorite cookies from The Great American Cookie Company. From there I headed to Hobby Lobby and got everything I need to finish my curtain project (which I hope to get to tomorrow). I also picked up a few thing for this small project.


Here is what I started with

Just a sheet of scrapbooking paper ($.50), a sheet of card stock ($.30) a pre-cut matting sheet ($1.60) and a 5 by 7 table frame ($5.99). I wrapped the matting sheet in the scrapbook paper. Then I downloaded a pretty font from here and printed out our monogram on the cardstock. After only 10 minutes this is what I ended up with...

I think it turned out really cute. Wouldn't this be a great little house warming gift for some newlyweds or with the right scrapbook paper a new baby room? Hmm...I will have to remember this one around the holidays!

Ohh look what was waiting for me when I got home from work yesterday.

He got me flowers, did the grocery shopping and put up some laundry...don't I have a sweet husband? I love him!!

I hope everyone is having a Happy Valentine's Day!!

No comments: