Feb 2, 2009

an unexpected day off

I got a text message early this morning saying the little boy I normally go to preschool with on Mondays wasn't going to be going to school today. That meant I had the day off, which was perfect because I didn't sleep well at all last night and woke up with a pounding headache. After taking some medicine and sleeping for a few more hours I woke up feeling much better. I decided that I should be productive today since I didn't have to work. I went to the library and the grocery store and I plan to take Hiro to the dog park as soon as I finish this post.

While I the grocery store I decided to get the ingredients to make my favorite lunch...chicken salad. Here is what you need:

2 cups of diced chicken (I just get 2 cans of chicken)
1/3 cup of mayonnaise
2 tablespoons of sour cream
1 cup of green grapes (sliced)
3 green onions (sliced)
2 ribs of celery (sliced)
1/4 teaspoon of salt
dash of pepper
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1 tablespoon of honey

Optional ingredients:
1/2 cup of walnut pieces
salad greens
shredded raddiccio
sliced avocado
1 apple (chopped)

Just mix everything together and enjoy on a sandwich or alone with crackers.

As promised here is a picture of my new message board. I love the idea and I am pretty happy with how this one turned out, but I may make a few changes next time...its a little busy for my taste.Ok, Hiro and I are off to play!

1 comment:

Nicki said...

love the message board AND the new valentine's blog layout! :) glad you had an unexpected day off!