May 31, 2010

Back to Work

I’m officially going back to work on June 7th. It’s hard to believe 3 months have already gone by. I’m only going back part time (if you can call 10 hours a week part time) and luck for me, my hours will be super flexible. I will be able to do most of the work at home in between playing with Aedan. I will have weekly office meetings with the lady that owns the company, but they will be at her house and since she has a baby just 4 weeks younger that Aedan, I will be able to bring him with me.

I will have team meetings and/or school and therapy observations each week so I needed to find a flexible place for Aedan to stay a few hours a week. Jon’s sister-in-law recommended the lady that they have been taking our nephew, Cooper, to for the last 4 years. They had nothing but wonderful things to say about her. I meet with her this morning and it looks like everything is going to work out. She can be flexible with the days and times that Aedan will come and she is comfortable taking care of a baby his age. It looks like for the summer she will be watching him two days a week for about 3 hours at a time. It doesn’t seem like much, but I know it is going to be hard for me to drop him off the first few times. Hopefully he is not a grumpy baby the whole time he is with her. :)

-Lauren-

1 comment:

Chelsa said...

oh it is hard to leave them with someone at first... and for me it still breaks my heart each morning. i'm jealous of your schedule!