Nov 17, 2009

My Drive to School

Tonight was my second to last graduate class! Unfortunately my drive to school was just about enough to make me never want to get on I35 again!

For the last 2 years I have made the commute from south Austin to San Marcos for class a few nights a week. While it is only about 20 miles south, I have to be at school around 6:30pm, just in time for rush hour traffic.

Tonight I made it through the typical heavy traffic in south Austin and thought I was good to go. I was wrong. A few minutes later traffic came to a stand still. I inched forward at a snails pace to find out there was an accident and the right lane was blocked. I passed the accident and thought I was good to go. I was wrong. A few minute later traffic comes to a stand still again! Sigh. This time it was because the left lane was blocked off in preparation for road work that was scheduled to be done tonight (according to the flashing sign). Okay, got passed the lane closure, surely I am good to go. Oh no. Not yet. A few minutes later traffic comes to a stand still again! This time, just a car pulled over and a police officer. Why does everyone feel the need to stop and check out what’s going on whenever there are flashing lights. I finally made it to class, 20 minutes late. Sigh.

At least I only have 1 more class!!

-Lauren-

No comments: