Jun 7, 2009

A 2012 Wedding Reunion

Yesterday afternoon I headed to the Woodlands for my college friend’s wedding. We have been friends since our freshman year of college (and as someone pointed out to me last night, that was 7 years ago). Wow that went by fast!

Freshman year at Baylor everything was about the 2012 vision. There were all these plans for great things to happen by the year 2012. I feel like the plan was mentioned at least once at every school event. We got pretty sick of hearing about the plan, so my group of close friends (there are 5 of us total) decided we would have our own 2012 vision. By the year 2012, we decided we wanted to be married and on our way to having children. All through college and even today we refer to our little group as 2012.

So last night another member of 2012 got married! The wedding was beautiful. It was at her parents house in Magnolia. Everything was in true Texan form…cowboy boots, country music, bbq, line dancing and two-stepping, and of course a little salt on the patio dance floor so all those cowboy boots could slide to the music. :)

4456_668556699943_9208144_38080465_839663_n

I had such a great time catching up with old college friends and “boogying” the night away.

n9208144_38080464_2744007

4456_668556704933_9208144_38080466_3716175_n

This morning I was able to meet up with another college friend for lunch. She was in grad school while I was finishing up my bachelors at UTD. We hadn’t seen each other in well over 2 years so it was great to catch up. She and her husband will be welcoming their first baby into the family this December and I am so exited for them!

Now I am home relaxing and looking forward to good week. Tomorrow is the first day of a social group, another therapist and I are leading this summer. It’s the trial run of something we would like to supervise in years to come, so we are hoping it goes well. This summer we are going to be working with one of my favorite clients (a little girl who is 7) and a new client (a little girl who is 5). We are going t0 be working on things like following group directions, initiating and responding to peer interactions as well a playing group game. It will be a nice change from the 1:1 therapy I typically do.

-Lauren-

2 comments:

Nicki said...

Lauren, I'm pretty sure this is the first time I realized that you went to Baylor!! Crazy that I went there too!! And yes, anytime I hear 2012 I can't help but think of Baylor! How fun that you have such great girlfriends from college. All my bridesmaids (except two) were girls I met at Baylor!

Shannon said...

Small world...one of the girls you are pictured with, Kimberly Couchman, is a girl I went to high school with :) I stumbled upon your blog from the blog hop and through Kelly's Korner. I was shocked when I kept reading your blog and found someone I knew pictured there. I also live near Austin (the reason I kept reading in the first place). Anyway, just wanted to stop by and say hi and what a small world we live in!