Jun 13, 2009

Margaritas and Lightning

Yesterday afternoon I had a team meeting for a client I have worked with for over 3 years. We have a great team of 3 lead therapists and a consultant. We just finished up 1st grade with her in a typical classroom at a private school. Even through there were some tough patches this year, she really did a great job. Her parents wanted to celebrate the end of the year/beginning of summer by having margaritas and queso at the meeting…I know my life is rough, getting paid to enjoy margaritas! :)

We all ended up staying an hour and a half after the meeting was supposed to be over, just enjoying drinks and funny stories. I am so lucky to work with great people and wonderful families!

When I got home Jon and I decided to go out on the motorcycle and get some dinner. This weekend is the Texas Republic Bike Rally, so there are about a million bikers in town. We hadn’t ridden the bike in awhile so we thought this would be a good opportunity. Unfortunately, we had been riding for about 5 minutes when we saw this HUGE bolt of lightning and heard some thunder! Me being the oh-so-brave, one decided that I wanted to go home. So we drove home and got the car…unfortunately since we were in the car we were unable to find any parking near the downtown eatery we wanted, so we ended up at Magnolia Cafe. We enjoyed a late dinner (literally it was 10pm by the time we got there) and then came home and went to bed…we are that boring most Friday nights.

Today I am planning on doing a little cleaning and running some errands (like shopping for Father’s Day) and then a lot of just relaxing. Jon had to work tonight so I may rent a chic flick or something. :)

Happy Saturday!

-Lauren-

No comments: